Exuma is known for many things- clear turquoise waters, friendly locals, and of course, the famous swimming pigs! The world-famous “Pig Beach”, officially called Big Major Cay, has been a major tourist draw for the past few years. And now it’s been ranked as one of the best beaches in the world!
Big 7 Travel, a global travel site, recently released its list of “The 50 Best Beaches in the World 2021”. Exuma’s Pig Beach came in at number 10 overall!
According to Big 7 Travel, they used “aggregated scores from previous media results, official Blue Flag locations and contributions from the Big 7 Travel editorial team” to rank the most amazing beaches to visit this year.
Other Caribbean locations to make the list include Jamaica (Negril), Cayman Islands (Seven Mile Beach), Anguilla (Maundays Bay), St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands (Maho Beach), Turks and Caicos (Grace Bay).
The top 10 list of Best Beaches are:
- Norway: Vaeroy Beach
- Whitsunday Islands, Australia: Whitehaven Beach
- Protaras, Cyprus: Fig Tree Bay
- Turks and Caicos: Grace Bay
- El Nido, Palawan, Philippines: Secret Lagoon
- Vík í Mýrdal, Iceland: Reynisfjara Beach
- Seychelles: Source d’Argent
- Quintana Roo, Mexico: Playa Ruinas
- Lhaviyani Atoll, Maldives: Kanuhura Maldives
- Exuma, The Bahamas: Pig Beach (Big Major Cay)
If you’re looking for another reason to visit Exuma, consider this it! The famous swimming pigs are definitely worth the trip, as well as everything else amazing Exuma has to offer.
Check out the full list of the Top 50 Best Beaches in the World here.