Hurricane Irma has continued on her path of destruction. The Category 5 storm has already begun causing damage in the Caribbean. Antigua and Barbuda and other French territories in the Caribbean have reported flooding and other damage from the storm.
The storm currently has wind speeds reaching as high as 185 mph. It is continuing on its path towards Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.
If you or someone you know needs a hurricane shelter here are the locations of 6 on Exuma. Please inform anyone who needs this information. Be safe out there.
Name of shelter, address, and capacity:
1. Mary’s Anglican Church
2. The New Mt. Olive Union Baptist Church
3. Andrew’s Community Centre
4. Bethel Union Baptist Church
5. Herman Union Baptist Church
6. Palestine Union Baptist Church